What information we may collect
Typical personal information we may collect includes; your name, address, email, telephone numbers, age or birth date, occupation or job title and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise any information you provide to us. As AVVED is a real estate agency we may also obtain specific information related to your real estate needs such as property addresses, prices, financial information and any other relevant information. We may also collect information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. An example of this is anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website or social media.
How we collect personal information
How we collect your personal information will vary depending on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of services you request from us. Typical ways we gather personal information include
- Telephone calls
- Face to face meetings
- Listing websites such as realestate.com.au or domain
- Facebook and other social media
- AVVED’s website
- E-mail or letters
- Entering competitions, promotions or giveaways
- Third parties such as your representatives, employer or publicly available databases where you have given your consent
How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect, hold and use your personal information to enable us to perform our functions and activities as a real estate agency and provide the best possible client experience. Examples of how we use your personal information include
- To maintain our records and comply with regulations and legal obligations
- To provide products and services to you
- To communicate with you as requested
- To provide customer support including responding to enquiries, complaints and general feedback
- To distribute our newsletters, property updates and general communication relating to the real estate industry
- To conduct marketing activities to promote our products and services including direct forms of marketing such as email, mail, facebook advertising and all other general forms of advertising
- To assess the performance of our website and marketing campaigns in order to improve their operations
- To analyse data and perform general customer insights
How we handle your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all our Employees, Contractors and Agents (Representatives) to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to our Representatives whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection. If we no longer need your personal information, we destroy or remove the identity information.
As our website and other systems are linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
AVVED may use and combine this information to maintain, secure and improve our websites, enhance your experience when using our websites, display and deliver relevant content, services and advertising and understand the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising (including direct marketing and online ads on external websites).
If you want to prevent cookies being used, you can change your browser settings to disable cookies. However, this might mean that your access to parts of our website is limited, or you may experience reduced functionality when accessing certain website functions.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our our employees, service providers, property data service providers and agents that we use in the ordinary operation of our business. For example, if you provide us with personal information to find a suitable home, we may collect personal information about you and disclose it to our employed real estate agents
We will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes that we collected the personal information, such as
- assisting you with the sale of a property
- assisting a third party purchase your property
- to assist you to locate a suitable property
- whether you may qualify for a property, loan and/or insurance product
- for administrative purposes, such as data processing, printing or mailing
- to update a referrer with the general progress of a product sold to you (excluding any sensitive information)and/or
- for other services that we offer that you may require
If your personal information is disclosed to third parties, these third parties are strictly prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose. We will only disclose to these third parties that information necessary for them to perform their services. Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Access to your personal information
It is important to us that the information we hold about you is up-to-date, accurate and complete, and we will try to confirm your details through our communications with you and promptly add updated or new personal information to existing records when we are advised. If any of your details change, please notify us as soon as you can. If you believe we are holding information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can ask us to correct it or delete it altogether.
If you would like to access your personal information, or ask us to update, correct or delete it, you can do so by contacting us in writing and verifying your identity. We will do our best to respond to your request within 5 business days.
We will only refuse access in exceptional circumstances, and if this is the case, we will advise you of our reasons for doing so.
We may charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis which will be advised before the information is given.
Privacy complaints and further information
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.